why is this relevant? "WV: Highest Tooth Loss Rate in Nation?"

9/08/2008

cuz last week i had a bicycle accident and two days later the tooth that got scrunched up in the accident but was at first just woobly finally fell out. so now i can make a great w.virginian impersonation :)

WV: Highest Tooth Loss Rate in Nation
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/27955649.html

i was ridin along on labor day on my bicycle (mountain bike sounds better right?) and some big tractor trailer came from behind and the wind and the noise scared me and i swerved and hit the curb and took a little flight over the handle bars. first two days after i couldn't really use my right arm and i had this wobbly tooth and a gash in my lip. well, the tooth fell out on Wednesday, i kept it - its on my shelf. the scraps are mostly gone from my face - G_d bless neosporin! and the gash in my lip is finally closing up - it turned out that what i was least worried about - my lip - is the last thing to be taken care of - i just kept opening the gash back up cause you know how you can't help it when there is a cut or something in your mouth - it's like a magnet for your tongue. impossible almost! but i think today it is sealed shut and just will need a couple more to reshape itself back to normal. :)

1 comments:

t23 said...

ouch!

was it a front tooth?

you might like this book/pdf http://www.healthwrights.org/books/WTINDentistonline.htm

I found it after breaking a tooth, thought I might fix it myself