Uncle Matt's Paradox Project - 1st installment

11/27/2008
In looking at and working on my self more closely over the last couple of years I have had the pleasure of discovering several paradoxes that I have needed to embrace in order to move forward. I want to occasionally address some of these necessary paradoxes.

One has been working on accepting myself and my limits and not beating myself up about things but also occasionally testing myself to see where those limits truly lie. I have had to let some of my expectations about who and what I should be and do fall to the wayside. At the same time I have needed to challenge myself and experiment in order to find out who and what I can be.

I found this quote and I think it summed up this process nicely:

“Between the ages of twenty and forty we are engaged in the process of discovering who we are, which involves learning the difference between accidental limitations which it is our duty to outgrow and the necessary limitations of our nature beyond which we cannot trespass with impunity.” W.H. Auden

0 comments: